Oct 18, 2016
In honor of International Print Day, InfoTrends is releasing ten new print sample videos. This brings to 100 the number of print sample videos I’ve recorded since 2012. Here are the new ones:
- HP Indigo books and output on canvas
- Kodak Flexible Film technology demonstration
- Touch7 and the Ricoh C5110
- Xeikon Trillium and 9800 samples
- OKI C942 CMYK plus white on colored sheets
- Selected dimensional and foil print samples (included are examples from Duplo, Eagle Systems/Kurz, Intec, Konica Minolta, MGI, and Scodix)
- Envelope printing (included are examples from Bell+Howell, Pitney Bowes, Sensible Technologies, and Spiral Binding)
- Canon imagePRESS 850 direct mail and photo book samples (finished on a Duplo DC-646 and a Plockmatic BLM50)
- An International Paper substrate comparison on the Canon Océ VarioPrint i300
- Why I Record Print Sample Videos
For the previous ninety videos, go to the Print Sample channel on the Jim Hamilton YouTube page.
For those who are not familiar with International Print Day, it is “24-hour celebration without borders” for “anyone with an interest in the original communication delivery device…to join the planet’s largest conversation about print in all its forms.” International Print Day starts at 6 pm ET on October 18th (11 pm GMT, 9 am AEST) and will finish 24 hours later. Those wishing to participate on social media should use the hashtag #IPD16.
Read more »
Oct 28, 2014
I think the most interesting moments at any end-user event come when the attendees talk about their success stories. At the Xerox Premier Partner Forum in Madrid (October 20-21) three success stories stood out:
- Collaboration across the Atlantic – Two CEOs found each other through Premier Partners in an effort to better serve a U.S. client. Mike Peterson of Gabriel Group in St. Louis, Missouri was looking for a European partner who could provide output and other services to an existing client. He started his search by reaching out to European Premier Partners. Jeroen van Druenen of Jubels in the Netherlands responded to Mike’s request and showed that his company had the capabilities that Gabriel needed, and so they formed a partnership that has turned out to be essential in serving this $1 million account.
Read more »
Jun 26, 2013
Bill Taylor, co-founder of Fast Company magazine, knows a lot about innovative companies and how they operate. Here are a few of my favorite Bill Taylor lines:
- The only sustainable form of business leadership is thought leadership
- It’s not good enough to be pretty good at everything. The middle of the road is the road to nowhere.
- Originality is the acid test of your strategy
Bill’s one-liners fit the definition of an aphorism rather nicely. (An aphorism is ‘a brief statement of a principle.’) And though I like a good aphorism, I like Bill’s view on innovative companies even more. Like the dialysis provider, DaVita, that let its employees vote on the new company name. (DaVita used to be called Total Renal Care.) Or Lexus, which built a brand new luxury brand to compete with the Cadillacs and BMWs of the world. Or Cirque du Soleil, which reinvented what a circus could be (without animals or big name acts).
Read more »
Jun 6, 2011
Today Ricoh announced three new light production digital color products, including two multi-function devices (the Pro C651EX and Pro C751EX) and a printer (the Pro C751). The Ricoh Pro C751 has a top speed of 75-ppm and a maximum monthly volume of 180,000 A4/letter color impressions per month. It is available in printer and multi-function versions (these are designated EX). The Pro C651EX has a top speed of 65 ppm. It is available only as an MFP. The products will begin shipping late this summer. Pricing has not yet been finalized.
Ricoh stressed that the new products are ‘clean-sheet’ designs and are not slowed-down C901s. They do, however, build on some characteristics of the C901 such as the use of chemical toner and Adobe PDF Print Engine.Â
Read more »